HIPAA compliant file sharing and secure messaging is a means of secure communication, where healthcare professionals can easily share electronic protected health information (ePHI) and sensitive business information between authorized users, all while maintaining HIPAA compliance and data security.
How does Central Data Storage’s Secure File Sharing and Encrypted Messaging Work?
When an authorized user wants to communicate patient information securely, they add a recipient to the message. The recipient can only access the information after they have created a free account using factor authentication.
Once the user is authenticated, they can access the secure message and send replies or upload documents or images using our above military grade encryption, remaining HIPAA-compliant while sharing files and messages with others.
Messages and files cannot be shared with anyone else apart from the original recipient, providing an extra level of assurance that your sensitive practice and patient information won’t end up in the wrong hands.
What are the benefits of secure file sharing?
The core benefit is safeguarding your patients' health information while facilitating secure HIPAA-compliant communications. The aim is to provide an easier way of communicating with your team and patients securely, helping you to provide your patients with an excellent customer service.
Additional benefits include:
- All messages have a predetermined lifespan, meaning that after a certain time period, the message is wiped. This removes the threat of patient health information being compromised if a mobile device or laptop is stolen or lost.
- Healthcare professionals can communicate securely from any desktop or mobile device via the online portal, enabling them to send and receive secure ePHI on the go, while staying HIPAA-compliant.
- It’s free for your team and customers too. Anyone you send an encrypted file or message to can receive and reply at no cost.
- Security checks. The robust security checks in place protect your data from threats such as ransomware, cyberattacks and lost or stolen devices.
- Secure attachments. Replace non-secure email attachments so your customers are assured your files and messages are legitimate.
As a healthcare professional, you need more than password protection and private servers to ensure you’re sharing information securely. With strict encryption protocols for both sharing and storing your files and messages to our secure data center, we ensure the safety of your sensitive data.
If you would like to speak to one of our data experts to understand if encrypted file sharing is right for your business, please get in touch about our solution, WisperMSG.
WisperMSG is a HIPAA-compliant, secure file sharing and messaging solution that eliminates the possibility of ransomware. Never worry about data loss, ransomware, or compliance again when you go communicate using WisperMSG!
If you’d like to try your free trial of WisperMSG , we would love to hear from you. Please give us a call or contact us!