Data Recovery Process
Central Data Storage offers two processes for data restoration, using the more efficient one in a case-by-case basis.
Pro or Internet
- A customer calls us after realizing that they need a data restoration
- Central Data Storage directs them to logmein123.com, where their files will be restored
- The customer enters a 6-digit code given by us, enabling CDS remote access to the client’s computer
- At this point, the customer is OK to disconnect if they’d like
- CDS will install its software if needed
- We select the files, versions and restore locations that you notify us
- Those files are restored
- Then they’re transferred to their correct location
- CDS verifies success with you before disconnecting.
Basic or Restore Kit
- We copy the customer’s backup archive from our servers to an external hard drive
- Central Data Storage sends the external HD overnight (preferably via UPS) to the address told
- We monitor its routing number and call the customer to confirm the HD’s next-day arrival
- You will connect the external HD or restore kit to your computer
- From this step, CDS will perform the same process as the internet one. But instead of using our servers, we’ll perform the restore via the external HD
- Finally, the customer will return the restore kit, including the shipping label provided, when the process is complete.